Written Assignment 2
One focal point of the material for this module concerns the concepts of knowledge systems, ideology, and intimacy. Your job in this assignment is to find connections between these important concepts.
• Chapters 3 and 4 in Andersen and Witham, Thinking About Women
• Baxter, H. (2014, December 4). Everything that’s wrong with women in the media [TEDx Talk]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcpBFFClymY
After completing the reading content for this module that focuses on the “sociology of knowledge” from Chapter 3 and the detailed discussion of sexuality, power, and intimacy in Chapter 4, write a 2-page essay (500 to 600 words) that addresses the following:
1. Citing material from your reading, explain the fundamental way in which Marx and Mannheim theorized about the origins of ideas.
2. Next, analyzing at least three concepts from your reading material, explain how a set of ideas, or an ideology, may influence what people expect in intimate relationships.
3. Providing a historical perspective, explain how norms surrounding intimate relationships today are fundamentally different than they were in the past. Be sure to address how modern-day gender roles have changed our perceptions of intimacy.
Provide evidence from both Chapters 3 and 4 of your textbook. Be sure to follow proper APA format, including the use of in-text citations and a references list at the end of your paper.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 5 / 1400
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English