Watch the film “The Tuskegee Airmen.” (1995) Director: Robert Markowitz Then write a 3 pages essay that addresses EACH of the following questions:
1. Summarize the film. Who are the main characters? When does this film take place? Where?
2. Where does this film fit within the time frame? Use Henretta and Takaki to help explain under REFERENCES.
3. Explain the themes that are present in this film. Use Henretta and Takaki to help explain under REFERENCES.
4. How does this film help us to better understand the history of ethnic/racial identity in the U.S.? Use specific scenes from the film to explain.
5. Overall, does this film help contribute to a better understanding of U.S. history in general? Why or why not?
• This assignment to be typed in 12 point font only, typed and double-spaced.
• This is a 3 pages essay. Please write in paragraphs and complete sentences.
• Cite Chicago style ONLY for Henretta, Takaki,
https://www.litcharts.com/lit/a-different-mirror/summary Use Chapter 14(World War II) (Can access summary & analysis)
Henretta, James, Rebecca Edwards, Robert O. Self. America, A Concise History, Vol. 2: Since 1865,5thedition, Bedford/St. Martins, 2012.
Takaki, Ronald.A Different Mirror: A History of Multicultural America. Boston: Back Bay Little, Brown and Company, 1993.