Discussing women, power, and politics, Chapter 11 addresses the role of women in the military. Although women now serve in all branches of the military and have been allowed in combat roles since 2015, there is still some debate about whether or not women should be allowed to serve in combat. Your job in this assignment is to analyze the debate surrounding women’s participation in military jobs that have previously been reserved exclusively for men.
• Chapters 10 and 11 in Andersen and Witham, Thinking About Women
• Bedell, Z. (2014, May 2). Women in combat [TEDx Talk]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyJl98XGqk
After reading Chapter 11, write a 2-page essay (500 to 600 words) that addresses the following:
1. Referring directly to the reading material in this module, explain the major reasons that women have previously been excluded from military jobs that were reserved only for men.
2. Explain in detail the major reasons that feminists have traditionally been critical of the military. Again, refer to your reading material to support your response.
3. Based upon the reading material, provide at least two policy recommendations for a continued, peaceful transition for women into combat roles.
Provide in-text citations from Chapter 11 of your textbook in your paper. Be sure to follow proper APA format, including the use of in-text citations and a references list at the end of your paper.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 5 / 1400
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English
[maxbutton id=”1″] [maxbutton id=”2″]