A Summary of the Geologic Hazards in Washington State
Your project can be either a PowerPoint presentation (minimum 15 slides, you are welcome to exceed that) or a Word document (minimum 1200 words) and should include, at the minimum, information about each of the following topics:
– historical earthquakes and earthquake hazards in Washington state
– historical tsunami and tsunami hazards in Washington state
– historical volcanic activity and volcanic hazards in Washington state
– historical floods and flood hazards in Washington state
– historical avalanches/landslides and avalanches/landslide hazards in Washington state
For each of the above topics, be sure to include information such as:
– significant historical events or disasters, with relevant data such as economic damage or fatalities
– areas of current and future risk
– current steps being taken to mitigate these hazards, including costs and examples
Feel free to include all information you feel is pertinent and relevant.
You must have a minimum of 8 references for this project. You can use any bibliography/reference format you like, just make sure I can find the source.
For PowerPoints, each of the slides should include the following
– a relevant and illustrative figure, photo, map, illustration, etc., which is referenced at the end of the presentation
– a caption for the all figures which describes what the figure is showing, etc.
– 3-5 sentences of text explaining the topic you are discussing
PowerPoints will be graded on how thoroughly you research and present the information and how clearly the presentation is to put together for the viewer. While all the special PowerPoint features are very nice and encouraged, do not feel like you are being penalized because you are not a PowerPoint expert. Content, clarity, and thoroughness are what you are being graded on. The thoroughness will be very evident from the amount of information you include and the quality and number of references you choose.
For Word documents, you should include a minimum of 6 relevant figures or maps. All figures or maps must include a caption. As the figures may be of varying sizes, the Word document should have a minimum of 1200 words.
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Subject: Environmental issues
Pages / words: 4 / 1100
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English