Topic: Childcare and communication paper
Section 2 Lo (2,9)
Provide a brief outline of the Legislation than governs communication and health and safety in the ECCE.
• Learner will research and outline three significant pieces of communication and safety legislation including correct titles and dates
• Learner will demonstrate with examples of how these apply in the ECCE setting
• Learner will reflect on the importance of legislation
• References must be given to sources used.
Section 3 Los (7,8,11)
As supervisor write a formal letter to the Child Care Committee requesting a representative from their organisation to sit on your interview panel for a new childcare position.(Max 1 page)
• Content gives all the required details in formal business tone
• Letter layout is structured appropriately and word processed.
• Use of correct Salutation and closing
• Correct use of grammar, spelling, punctuation etc
(Include a draft of the letter which demonstrates reading, proofing and editing)
No Word Count
Task 4- Non- Verbal/ Visual Communication (10%)
• Produce a non-verbal visual poster.
Produce a simple non verbal message on an A4 page relating to some aspect of the childcare setting. Using visual / non verbal images/graphics and colours to convey the message. This can be in IT format or by hand .
• Give a short evaluation to include:
How non verbal communication impacts on everyday human interaction, how you read and researched the ideas for your visual aid, and the effectiveness of the message for children/parents.
This task should reflect:
• A good example of non verbal communication
• A clear message given
• Originality & creativity in design with use of appropriate media
• A succinct evaluation of the impact non verbal messages
Section 6. SLO(1,9)
Task 6 – Critique/review an issue/topic (5%)
Learners are required to research and critique current issues in Communications And Information Technology ICT and use in the childcare setting to include the following information:
Description of types of ICT being used
Use of critical thinking skills to critique research e.g. valid arguments for and against ICT use
Identification of research used to investigate the topic (min two sources referenced in text and bibliography)
(Include a draft of the critique which demonstrates reading, proofing and editing)
Section 7. Los(8,9,11)
Task 7 – Written communication for a group discussion meeting & effective use of ICT (10%)
The Learner is to devise written communication documents to conduct a formal meeting with staff to discuss a policy on the use of ICT in the childcare setting.
In producing the documents the learner will use a range of IT skills. including:
• Word processing and printing
• Creating a computer generated template
• Internet search and download
Tasks for meeting:
1. Devise a memo informing staff of the meeting. This should include the date time and venue in the correct layout and format with good spelling and grammar, correct dates and information.
(This is to be emailed to an attendee of the meeting and a reply given). One copy of the email with the reply, is to be printed for your work; ensure it has contact details i.e. all emails have the date, time and sender and recipient details on the original email’.(this is evidence of sending the email)
2.An agenda for the meeting is to be created, word processed and printed to include:
A minimum of five agenda items laid out in the correct format
Good spelling, grammar and punctuation.
The main subject for the agenda is ‘Draft a policy on the use of ICT in the childcare setting, including; mobile phones, cameras, tablets, laptops, face book, etc… (maximum1 page)
3. Create a blank template to record the minutes of the meeting (using word or office). The template is to include the correct format and structure with an indication outcomes and actions and good spelling grammar
and punctuation. (maximum1 page)
4. A handout is to be downloaded and printed for the meeting.
This is to be one piece of research relating directly to the main agenda topic i.e. ‘Drafting a policy on ICT in the child care setting’. This must include the website address on it and date accessed. This is to be put with this piece of work in the portfolio (maximum1 page)
Note: The preparation for the meeting handout can be used at your group discussion meeting in the Skills Demonstration Brief)
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 5 / 1400
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English