– Please answer in essay form:
• Question #1 AND Question #2 ( 3 pages each please fully fill the 3 pages)*** Also, for one or two paragraphs, I have to connect with my personal experience for the analysis in this theology lecture in writing an essay in order to get a good grade.
– Your essays should be written in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, and with 1-inch margins.
– There is no minimum length for these essays, though they should not exceed four (4) typed pages each. However, instead of essay length, your concern should be for its clarity, precision, proper grammar and usage, and its evidencing familiarity with the course readings and course discussions. Engagement with the argument is preferred over descriptions of the positions of authors encountered in this course (this can include personal application, application to material outside the parameters of this course, or identification/resolution of problems in the argument.
– Please justify your answers by reference to the texts where appropriate. All citations may be embedded as parentheticals in the body of the text, noting the title of the text and the appropriate page number. Example: (Niebuhr, 2).
***Texts :Required Readings
The Bible, First Letter of John
Augustine, Confessions, Books I-X
Augustine, The City of God, Book XIX
Dante, Divine Comedy (Penguin Classics edition, translated by Dorothy L. Sayers)
• Hell (0140440062), Cantos 1-3
• Purgatory (0140440461), Cantos 15-18
• Paradise, (0140441050), Cantos 31-33
H. Richard Niebuhr, Christ and Culture
Langdon Gilkey, Message and Existence
1. “Of that about which we can say nothing, let us be silent” Ludwig Wittgenstein
“There are things “about which we can say nothing and before which we dare not keep
silent.” T.S. Eliot
Describe theology and how you would place theology between these two positions?
2. This course has introduced you to the interplay of three central concepts–God, self, and society–and how, in defining one of the concepts, the meaning of the others is necessarily affected. Given all that you’ve learned this semester, and drawing on the insights of the authors you’ve read, how would you systematically define the concepts? In your description, explain how your definitions of each of the three concepts influences how you define the other concepts (e.g., the strengths of your definitions, the potential weaknesses or problematic implications, etc.).Expectations
Format: APA 6th edition
Length: 5 pages, excluding title and reference pages
References in the last 5 years
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 5 / 1400
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English
[maxbutton id=”1″] [maxbutton id=”2″]