Health Promotion Assessment and In-Class Presentation
• Presentations will consist of 6 presenter slides (e.g. Powerpoint):
MY DECIDED TOPIC: THE CALMING EFFECT OF HORSES TO CHILDREN WITH AUTISM AND TO THEIR PARENTS.
1. Title and introduction: What is the issue? What is the background related to the choice of this topic? How is it related to nursing? Why is it important? For whom (gender, age, ethnicity, setting/place)?
2. Overview of available quantitative data: Describe the issue with available statistics. (point form with citations in APA format)
3. Overview of qualitative data: Describe the issue from the perspective of people most
affected. (point form with citations in APA format)
4. Available policies, position statements and/or theoretical framework relevant to the topic. Briefly describe their relevance. Also summarize how the document supports/differs from your synthesis of the above data?
5. Summary of at least 2 main issues from a health promotion perspective (e.g. a ‘web of causation’ showing link of the topic to 2 social determinants of health, 2 UN sustainable development goals or a relevant theoretical framework. These links should be reflective of your synthesis of the data and literature provided above.) Provide an explanation of the fit and rationale for your synthesis in 2-3 sentences.
6. Reference list: 10 sources, at least 4 from peer reviewed journals in APA format.
PLEASE ONLY 6 SLIDES POWERPOINT NEEDED IN THIS ORDER. NO PAPER DOCUMENT.
I PROVIDED A SAMPLE OUTPUT: HEALTH INEQUITIES RELATED TO POVERTY, SO THAT THE WRITER HAS AN IDEA HOW TO MAKE THIS ORDER.
ALSO, PLEASE SEE ATTACHED RUBRIC. I AM EXPECTING AN A+ IN THIS ORDER FROM MY PROFESSOR.