Include an annotated bibliography
– Located on the same document as the research paper.
– It starts on its own separate page.
– Minimally two paragraphs per annotation
– Must cover three topics: summary, assess, reflect
– Alphabetize sources
– Use proper formatting
– Use the C.R.A.A.P. test for credible sources
Freedom Fighter Paper Outline
– Explain who the person is
– Explain how he or she impacts/impacted society
– Include two direct quotes from sources
– When you use a quotation, help the reader make a smooth
transition back into your own words. To do this, follow up the
quotation with a sentence or two of your own that reinforces or
expands upon it.
– Three in-text citations or lead-ins
– MLA uses present tense for lead-ins or signal phrases
– This means you will have three sources in the annotated
– Highlight the thesis sentence in various colors (Introduction). Restate and
highlight the thesis in the conclusion.
– MLA formatting
– Proper heading, page numbers, annotated bibliography
– 3rd person pronouns only
Examples of signal phrases or lead-ins
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 4 / 1100
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English