Course: Cinema & Space
Title: Visual Analysis of the Urban Community Space of the Film “Do the Right Thing”
Film: “Do the Right Thing” – Spike Lee – 1989
Words: 1.000 only for word file
References: At least 8 & 2. System Harvard (citation)
Structure of the essay: 1. Abstract, 2. Keywords, 3. Introduction, 4. Central Dramatic question (argument), 5. Define Community, 6. Research on the concept of space (social, political, psychological, feminist, aesthetic, etc.) Attention to the lesson title., 7. Methodology, 8. Compare, 9. Conclusion
1) What’s the theme of the movie? By the word theme, we mean the core of the movie. Every director’s choice supports the theme of the film. For example, the composition of the frame, the selection of spaces, the style of acting, etc. support the theme of the film!
2) Remember that the work should support the course title: Cinema and space and more specifically urban space. Why did the director make these urban space choices?
3) Definitely to analyze why the director chose this narrow – confined space in a building block. If it was a bigger space, then I would have had another movie.
4) Certainly in the Essay, the following must be mentioned:
a. Geography of space (urban) and why?
b. Acting style and why?
c. Colors and why? One possible answer here is that we have many colors because of the many leaves that live together.
d. Variety of scene coverage and narrative analysis.
e. Lots of POV and why?
f. It is very important to identify patterns in the film… Geographical patterns, The heat (all movie) pattern, etc.
5) I notice he (Spike Lee) takes the stereotype and overthrows it. Explain…
6) To explain why in each scene, we have a conflict
7) In terms of videos and snapshots I can use what I show you or whatever you think is right)
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Subject: movie review
Pages / words: 4 / 1100
Number of sources: 2
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: MLA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English