Benchmark-Content Area Lesson Plan and Reflection
Develop a content area lesson plan for a first grade ELL class. The lesson should focus on a specific content area while integrating biliteracy-related activities and materials. Content areas may include but are not limited to social studies, science, and math. Use the SIOP lesson plan template for the lesson plan. Content area and English language proficiency standard and objectives for a first grade class in a school in the state of Florida.
The content area lesson plan should include the following:
- Knowledge and use of applicable language acquisition theories
- Appropriate scaffolding and modeling of first grade content knowledge and academic language
- Appropriate content standards and English language proficiency standards
- Appropriate content objective and language objectives
- First grade level content and curriculum
- Use of activities, multicultural books, and materials that integrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Use of various instruments and techniques to assess content area learning for ELLs at varying levels of language and literacy development.
- Include a 550 word reflection explaining the points below:
- Refection of the learning experience during filed experience
- Include feedback received from a mentor working with you about the created lesson
- Refection on efficacy of lesson with ELL students.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Coursework
Pages / words-3 / 756
Number of sources-3
Language style-US English