General Assembly Application Software Engineering
1. You will spend 20+ hours per week learning outside of class for this program. Do you anticipate any barriers that would prevent from devoting this time to the program?
• No, I do not anticipate any barriers. When I spoke about my interests with my current instructor, Tony for Web development at Salt Lake Community College he recommended me to take this program as a full -time job. I decided that I will put all my efforts, time and energy for this Software Engineering program because it takes a lot practice.
I feel that I am ready to perform in your program —financially, academically—and that I have honed the skills necessary to excel.
I save money to be able to pay my two years daughter day care tuition and able to pay my household bill at least 4 months training and I will quit my current job to able spend more time for practice and I decided that I will use local library or Salt community college library to avoid home destruction while I am not in class. I believe my determination and tenacity in the pursuit of knowledge, along with my other qualifications, can lead to success as a student in the Software Engineering Immersive program.
Note: Use this story to turn it in good one, grammar free error, typos, syntax, concise in 2 paragraphs
2.Tell me about a time about a time you have solve a complex problem. How did you break down the problem in a small unit to create solution?
• Using S.A.R. Structure your responses using S.A.R.: Situation, Action, Response.
That is, you should start off outlining the situation, then explaining the actions you took, and lastly, describing the result.
Example: “Tell me about a time you have solve a complex problem.” »
• Situation: In March 2019 I was promoted to be a team lead in my production area and we had a weekly goal of 40000 quantities and the issue was to hit the goal otherwise we to come to work for next day(overtime)to get jo done, and my team struggled to complete the weekly goal.
• » Action: One day after few of my coworkers complained to work long hours, I pulled my supervisor aside to speak about the idea I had to break one team into two teams and take breaks in rotation so that teams will nonstop, and she agreed if two teams will be more productive. I asked my team to try new method of work and see the improvement. I realized then that two small teams of four people are better that one big team, and I made sure everyone is happy and productive.
• » Result: Break one team in two small teams were more productive and we reach weekly goal production and go beyond over production for 6000 quantities. I was able to finish all weekly work on time.
Note: Use this story to turn it in good one, grammar free error, typos, syntax, concise in 3 paragraphs
3. What is your technological background? Please tell us about any experience you have with tech/programming/software engineering.
Note: Use this story to turn it in good one, grammar free error, typos, syntax, concise in 1 paragraph
4. What events led you to decide that you can be a Software Engineering
January 17,2019, I attended Women Who Code meetup/ Salt Lake City at Adobe Lehi. For the first time, I stepped over a clear boundary and stepped into a world where I knew I belonged. Through that meetup I knew valuable information and I knew that Adobe Digital Academy offer Scholarship for Web Development for nontraditional CS degree background and can contribute in many ways as a software engineer.
5. Why do you think you will be a good engineer?
The core of my attraction to be a good engineer, several experiences and courses have furthered this interest and are outlined below.
• Logical thinking and reasoning:
• Communication skills: able to communicate
• Attention to detail: I pay attention to detail throughout the course of any assigned project and I think it is crucial in engineering because the cost of making even the slightest of errors is huge
• Creativity and innovation: I am creative and I think outside the box and able to improve existing systems and innovate new ones .As a must-have soft skill for engineers, is characterized by imagination, then turning those thoughts into things. Software engineers inherently build on what exists, they try to improve things incrementally, but along the way they inject original thinking into everything they do.
• Team player: I am team player and I am Any project that is completed successfully, and efficiency has a great team, and not just one person, working behind it by using AGILE: Focus on people doing the work and how the work together. The agile process provides ample opportunities for feedback across teams and to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Engineers who communicate effectively, who think critically, make their teams better.
• Passion and love your career and Diversity: I am proud of myself until now and I have different experience and education to ensure I will be a good engineer. I possess Management degree from France. I am fluent in French and I work in Africa and Europe.
Note: Use this story to turn it in good one, grammar free error, typos, syntax, concise in 1page. Fell free to restructure and add anything necessary to make it more sense and address to the audience.
FOR MORE RESOURCES: