The aim of this assignment is to examine how data shapes meaning. explore this issue by looking at your own life as a case study and answering the following essay question: What are some of the ways data defines who you are? Do you have any control over this? Assessment requirements We want you to use specific examples of how data defines you (e.g. profiling – e.g. as a person of interest to the authorities; a pornography consumer). Choose two or three examples, no more. Your examples may be actual (i.e. you may have been defined this way), or possible (you could be defined this way based on what’s happened to other people). Some research here on how data has defined people and the kinds of problems that this has raised may help here. As with all tasks you need to be creative with the kinds of search keywords you use to find this material. Do some brainstorming and effective search. Use the library databases, not just Google. Now, you need to decide if the examples you’ve found are problematic. If you think they are you need to explain why and what you could do about it. If you don’t think the way data defines you is problematic, you need to explain why also.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-essay Subject-communication and media Pages / words-6 / 1500 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
Social Work theories help you analyze cases, understand clients, create interventions, and predict intervention results and evaluate outcomes.
Major Theories: Used in Social Work Practice: · Ecosystems Theory – often referred as Systems Theory · Psychodynamic Theory · Social Learning Theory · Conflict Theory · Developmental Theory · Psychosocial Development Theory · Rational Choice Theory/Social Exchange Theory · Humanistic Theory
Begin by choosing a theory from the list above.
Next you will then create a Word document 1 to 3-page document. (You may have one – two pages on content) – This is a study aide so it should include the who, when etc. Bullet points or short concise statements for learning is what I am looking for; everything you would need to know about this theory.
The assignment should be submitted in APA format to include at least 2 scholarly references. Ensure you cover the required material thoroughly.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-psychology Pages / words-2 / 550 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
What single event of the 1960s (from the list below) do you think was the most important in bringing back the women’s movement (/second wave feminism)?
Explain the event and then argue that it was more important to a new women’s movement than the other things on the list (please note: this means that you have to demonstrate some knowledge of what the other things were).
— 1964 Civil Rights Act
— President’s Commission on the Status of Women
— 1968 Miss America Protest
— Jackie Kennedy becomes first lady
Then, explain the success of the anti-feminist movement in overcoming the Equal Rights Amendment in the 1970s. Based on everything we’ve now read about the ERA: do you think it would be a beneficial Constitutional amendment?
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Essay Subject-Not defined Pages / words-1 / 275 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
Sections and Descriptions: Executive Summary (10 pts): Summarize the project including background, analysis techniques, results, conclusion/ recommendations. This section will be no more than one (1) page. This is intended to serve the function of defining the work that you are about to describe for your supervisor or C-Suite leader that will be making a decision based on your analysis and recommendations. Introduction/ Background (10 pts): Summarize the situation and the decision that needs to be made. Include sufficient details to understand what led to this decision point and why the analysis is being performed. This is your “Why” statement and should demonstrate your understanding of the situation. Methods (10 pts): Summarize your choices in analysis methods and why you chose the method(s) of analysis. This should also demonstrate your choice of data sets and why as appropriate. This will also demonstrate why this data will lead to an appropriate decision. Results (10 pts): Show your work. It may be in charts, graphs, tables or other appropriate representations of the data that you analyzed based on your chosen methods. There should be a brief description of any tables, charts or other materials. If you use colors or other designators within your work ensure that an accurate key is available to assist with interpretation. Conclusions/ Recommendations (10 pts): Should demonstrate your understanding and interpretation of the results. Provide a recommendation for an appropriate action for your supervisor to take, based on the results demonstrated. You should be able to explain your reasoning and additional data interpretations as necessary. Bibliography (As needed): Use appropriate APA style for documenting any sources of data to include the Ozark Text book or other websites and information used to develop your methods/ results/ conclusions.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-business Pages / words-2 / 550 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
The paper must address the topic and have a section on what can be done
The paper must satisfy the instructors guidelines to be rated as satisfactory otherwise they will be returned as unsatisfactory
All papers will be typed
Papers must adhere to the requirements of English Grammar.
Proof all work prior to submission for mistakes of grammar
Proof all work prior to submission for spelling errors
Papers will NOT contain cross outs.
References are mandatory, and all work is to be documented, this includes the use of your textbook or class notes.
Papers may not be plagiarized.
The length of paper will be a minimum of 5 typed. You are expected to submit a completed paper – one that contains a developed theme.
The structure for the paper should be as follows:
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-law Pages / words-5 / 1375 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
When global firms like Home Depot, Office of Personnel Management, and Target become prime targets for hackers, the attack themselves become front-page news. Financial and personal data have been compromised despite firms having measures in place. You will review three firms (only one firm being the Home Depot, OPM, or Target breach) where a successful attack was made on their systems by hackers. In terms of the second & third firms, you are free to select a breach/attack that occurred within the last three years.
• Part I (Facts of Case #1): You will describe what happened and how did the firm respond to the breach/attack. Also, you will identify and discuss how consumers reacted to the breach/attack. Finally, assess how much responsibility should lie with the firm per this breach/attack.
• Part II (Facts of Case #2): You will describe what happened and how did the firm respond to the breach/attack. Also, you will identify and discuss how consumers reacted to the breach/attack. Finally, assess how much responsibility should lie with the firm per this breach/attack.
• Part III (Facts of Case #3): You will describe what happened and how did the firm respond to the breach/attack. Also, you will identify and discuss how consumers reacted to the breach/attack. Finally, assess how much responsibility should lie with the firm per this breach/attack.
• Part IV (Prevention): Identify and discuss at least three measures firms must take to limit/prevent breaches and attacks from happening. One of your preventive measures must be a technology-based measure, such as robotic processing automation (RPA), blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), or data analytics would have prevented/limited the impact of data breaches.
• Part V (Role of the Government & Others): In this section, discuss the role that the Federal Government and large associations (e.g., ISACA, AICAP, IIA) should play regarding preventing/limiting breaches. Be sure to speak about the Government first and then pick an association to discuss.
• Part VI (Awareness): Explain how this assignment will make you more aware of data breaches. Identify and discuss a set of recommendations you can take to protect yourself and your firm if you are working.
• Page Length: Your response should not exceed eight pages (double-spaced) or four pages (single-spaced). Note that the cover page, reference page, and appendix, if provided are excluded from the page count.
• References: You will need to include at least four literary references and at least four in-text citations to support your paper. These references must be related directly to the topics covered in the paper. References & citations must be properly formatted as noted below.
• Headings: You will need to use headings (short, brief, and centered) to separate each area of your paper. Your headings should have an appropriate title such as Prevention instead of Part IV.
• Margins & Font Sizes: Use standard margins (minimum .5″; maximum 1.5″) and standard font size (minimum 10 point; maximum 12 point) in your paper.
• Writing Style: APA is the preferred writing style, but you can choose any appropriate writing style (e.g. MLA), except that all references are to be formatted via APA. Please consult the UMGC Effective Writing Center (http://www.umgc.edu/writingcenter/index.cfm) for assistance regarding the choice of styles and formatting of references via APA.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-Business Pages / words-4 / 1100 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
Answer two of the following three questions in full, with long, thoughtful answers that draw upon the conceptual material of this class. You may quote any source that helps to support your argument.
Label each question, and label parts (a) and (b) separately.
1. The International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) has determined that in the US workers’ rights are systemically violated. But systemic problems have no one in particular causing them.
(a) So how do they remain systemic?
(b) Is there anything that we have seen or read about the United States that would make these problems more systemic here than in many other places?
2. Alternative (non-bureaucratic) systems of organization are promoted as more democratic than traditional forms. Their unique value can also be explained in terms of the development of human capital.
(a) Explain how these two features work, and how they work together.
(b) Alternative forms are more common among non-profit organizations that among for- profit firms. Why might that be?
3. Critics of the Human Relations school of management have suggested that the system was much more oriented towards getting workers to agree to go along with alienating Taylorized systems of work organization than it was in actually improving work conditions.
(a) Give an example from the readings of how they did that. Explain how your example shows that to be an attribute of Human Relations.
(b) Give an example that shows how Human Relations ideas were used or can be used to actually improve work conditions. Explain.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-sociology Pages / words-1 / 275 Number of sources-6 Academic level-College Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
Summary produce a short reflection which is designed to encourage the application of sociological thinking to real world issues. choose to write a short essay or record a short presentation. Either must use academic language, follow referencing guidelines, and present a well-supported argument.
Details For this Social Change Project, students will learn by doing. Students should identify a social issue they feel strongly about and participate in an activity that attempts to address that issue. Activities might include volunteering in programs like reading or homework help for Indigenous and/or migrant students; collecting donations for local food banks and homeless shelters; participating in broader campaigns by leafleting; and so on. The possibilities are really endless, and these suggestions are meant to spark your thinking, not limit you. If you are unsure whether an activity ‘counts’ please contact your tutor. While you will not be directly assessed on the issue or the activity that you choose to participate in, you will struggle with the reflection if you have not done enough. For example, sharing one image on Facebook will not give you the material you need to answer the question well.
In a 1000 word essay, you will answer the question “Can individuals change society?” This reflection must present an argument in response to this question, using your experience of attempting social change as the primary example. It must include at least three things:
1. a brief sociological explanation of the issue (with references); 2, an explanation of, and reflection on, what you did to attempt change (it’s okay to write in first-person for this!); 3. the success of your attempts, and/or the reactions you received; and sociological explanations about social change (your answer to the question).
For this last one, you might find the textbook chapter on social movements useful, but we really encourage you to look again at C. Wright Mills’ writing on the sociological imagination.
This assignment is based on Netting (1994)
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-sociology Pages / words-4 / 1100 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
LO1 Explain the key concepts and features of social media in different creative media practices LO2 Discuss the uses of social media and their impact on market and audience Assignment 1 Brief and Guidance: Submission format: The submission is an individual narrated 10-minute presentation (PowerPoint). Your presentation should be appropriate for the business scenario given below. You will submit your presentation slides and speaker notes as a PDF into Turnitin: the recommended word limit (slides & speaker notes) is 1,500 words, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit. Your research should be referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Scenario and activity: You are employed as a social media marketing manager in a creative media production organisation who is soon to launch their new app, ChariTies. This app is designed to pair students seeking short-term internships or longer term work placements. With the app, students can develop a CV with a step-by-step wizard, take a personality test and a passions test to best match them in terms of role and organisation. It enables students to apply for multiple placements seamlessly. The hiring organisations benefit from standardised CVs, application processes and a streamlined process for postings. The company has realised that to reach the appropriate market they need to reimagine their marketing approach. They strongly believe that there are excellent opportunities for social media marketing that could involve audience participation that would help the campaign become viral and extend its reach. In your role as Social Media Marketing Manager, you have been asked to give a presentation to senior management which critically analyses how social media is used by organisations to develop and promote business aims. You need to include an evaluation of the use of social media in the relationship between organisations and consumers and also identify the areas of greatest influence of different platforms. Support your analysis and conclusions with examples from different organisations.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Coursework Subject-Business Pages / words-15 / 550 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year) Paper format-MLA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English
As a practitioner, one of the main responsibilities is using all of your skills and knowledge of assessment to formulate differential diagnoses and appropriate plans of care for your patients.
Address the following using a minimum of 600 words:
Choose 1 of the 5 case studies provided, and present your plan of care for the patient. Document in SOAP format, and include references for your plan.
One reference from up to date.
Type of service-Academic paper writing Type of assignment-Research Paper Subject-Not defined Pages / words-3 / 825 Number of sources-6 Academic level-Master’s Paper format-APA Line spacing-Double Language style-US English