I’m trying to answer the question ‘How can manipulation shape society’
The thesis will be that political manipulation can shape national identity (for better or worse). To do this I need a case study/thesis of the literature looking at the political manipulation in ‘Putin’s’ Russia.
I need a basic format as follows:
1) A small history into the structures of Russian Government
– A more substantial outline of Putin’s rise to power and how he has maintained it.
2) Research/examples of political manipulation and propaganda
– Putin as an national icon
– Control of the media
– Dealing with political opposition
– Patriotic Youth Camps (control of citizens)
3) The effects of propaganda and political manipulation
– How doe these things shape the political sphere in Russia
– How do these things shape national identity & values
– How do these things shape global identity
– Draw connections to other countries that faced propaganda
– What does psychology say?
4) Conclusion – The ethics of shaping national identity ( can be ambiguous)
– Is there a positive or negative impact from Putin’s political control
– What does it all mean in terms of shaping a national identity
– On one hand there is an inflated sense of national identity based off propaganda (is this a bad thing) vs on the other citizens don’t care because Putin has brought Russia into the modern world/ global economy
This is just a general structure of things I need, writers discretion is allowed. Please use quality sources that I can access, include footnoted sources if possible. Number of sources doesn’t matter as long as it reflects good research. I will be reviewing and reworking this project