THIS IS NOT PART OF THE EMERGING TECHNOLOGY PROJECT, but weekly discussion, Week 10 Discussion 1: Scholarly Communication Open Access vs Traditional Publishers
Due: Post your response by end of Day 4, and reply to at least two of your classmates’ posts by end of Day 7. This one due earlier than Part 2.
• Please explain the difference between copyright and licensing.
• What is the relationship between DRM and DMCA?
• Name three ways that a library can support open access. What are the costs/benefits of each approach.
THIS IS PART OF THE EMERGING TECHNOLOGY PROJECT – See Emerging technology project instructions.
Week 10 Assignment 3: Budget, Staffing, and Timeline
Grading Category: Emerging Technology Semester Project, 40%
This is part of your Emerging Technology Semester Project and accounts for 20% of your semester project grade.
• Block, C. (2017). Managing library technology: a LITA guide. Chapter 6. For an understanding of total cost of ownership. There are three parts to this exercise.
• O’Neal-McElrath, T., & Carlson, M. (2013). Step 8: Developing the program budget. In Winning Grants Step by Step: The Complete Workbook for Planning, Developing and Writing Successful Proposals (pp. 71-85). Somerset, UNITED STATES: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. Retrieved from http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/socal/detail.action?docID=1469450
This section requires that you understand spreadsheets. If you don’t understand spreadsheets or if you are a little rusty, USC provides tutorials through Lynda.com for both Excel and Google Spreadsheets.
Please fill out the spreadsheet associated with each section and submit them at the end for grading. Each section has details on how to complete the spreadsheet for that question section. Please email the instructor if you have questions about the spreadsheet. The spreadsheets contain formulas in some of the cells. If you write or copy something into a cell with a formula, you can start with a fresh spreadsheet.