LEARNING OUTCOMES TO BE ASSESSED:
• Critically evaluate the nature, purpose and scope of internal control audit processes within business organisations as tools to reduce business risks.
• Explain and evaluate accounting and internal control risks and systems.
• Appraise and critically review control risks and procedures necessary to mitigate such risks.
• Explain and evaluate internal control procedures.
• Explain and evaluate internal audit procedures.
• Explain and be aware of the extending internal audit horizons.
• Use both quantitative and qualitative techniques in order to analyse and evaluate issues relating to internal controls and audit.
It may be that, due to the possible diversity of student response, learning outcomes will be covered to differing / varying degrees by each student.
ISAE 3000 (revised) defines an assurance engagement as, “An engagement in which a practitioner aims to obtain sufficient appropriate evidence in order to express a conclusion designed to enhance the degree of confidence of the intended users other than the responsible party about the subject matter information.”
International Standard on Assurance Engagement 3000 (revised) – Assurance Engagements Other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information.
Drawing upon suitable theories, frameworks and evidence from literature to support your argument/s, critically evaluate and discuss how an internal audit could be classed as an assurance engagement and what benefits does it bring for all the involved parties.
Your submission should be properly referenced (Harvard System) using academic sources and should be no more than 3,500 words (excluding reference list and any appendices).
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 1100
Academic level-Sophomore (College 2nd year)
Language style-US English