Topic: Building surveying Task
Write a report advising your client on how to create an effective maintenance strategy that would
help to reduce operating expenditure. Your report shall:
• make the case for providing and reviewing a planned maintenance strategy;
• advise on the nature of the data needed for prioritising maintenance spending and how to best
• discuss issues relating to the maintenance of historic buildings, making reference to the specifics
of Broadwood Manor. Keep in mind this client has never managed a building which is of historical
• advise on the benefits of establishing a maintenance department that could also be used to
manage their other properties.
• Include any other information required to meet your client’s aims.
© University College of Estate Management 2021 Page 3 of 10
• Your client has been able to provide you with a set of photos, plans and 3D walk-through, and a
brief history of the site for information. This can be found on the Module Page on the VLE.
• This is a formal submission to the client so must have the characteristics of a report. This should
include an executive summary, introduction, conclusion and recommendations.
• Use information in the Study Skills area of the VLE and the Report Template to check your
understanding of what is required in each section of the report.
• Some of the issues likely to be raised by this assignment will be addressed in both the weekly
tutor forums and assignment webinars. Please try to attend and contribute to these
• The report should not include appendices.
Reference list and bibliography
You should include a reference list with a minimum of five separate relevant and appropriate
sources that you have written about and cited within your work.
A bibliography of uncited sources is not required.
Further information to support you with this assignment is available within the study materials for
this module on the UCEM VLE. If you have any questions about this assignment, please contact
your Module Tutor or Module Leader via the VLE
Type of service: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Report
Subject: Property/Real estate
Number of sources: 5
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: Harvard
Line spacing: Double
Language style: UK English