Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment
Before embarking on any professional or academic activity, it is important to understand the background, knowledge, and experience you bring to it. You might ask yourself “What do I already know? What do I need to know? And what do I want to know?” This critical self-reflection is especially important for developing clinical skills, such as those for advanced practice nursing.
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Procedures List and Resource Review FNP Clinical Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form provided in the Learning Resources can be used to celebrate your progress throughout your practicum and identify skills gaps. The lists cover all necessary skills you should demonstrate during your practicum course.
For this Assignment, you assess where you are now in your clinical skill development and make plans for your practicum. Specifically, you will identify strengths and opportunities for improvement regarding the required practicum skills and procedures.
In this practicum experience, when developing your goals and objectives, be sure to keep adult health guidelines and best practices in mind.
• Review the resources and clinical skills in the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Procedures List and Resource Review and FNP Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form. It is recommended that you print out these documents to serve as guides throughout your practicum.
• Download the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form that applies to your NP track to complete this Assignment.
Using the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form specific to your NP track (FNP):
• Rate yourself according to your confidence level performing the procedures identified on the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form.
• Based on your ratings, summarize your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
• Based on your self-assessment and theory of nursing practice, develop 3 goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Include them on the designated area of the form.
Type of service: Academic paper Writing
Type of assignment: Research Paper
Number of sources: 4
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English