This Competency Assessment assesses the following learning outcome:
MT355M4-4: Prepare a business solution based on data analysis and interpretation.
Business leaders rely on the work of marketing researchers to make decisions that will impact revenue generation and the profitability of the company. The data analysis and interpretation phase of a marketing research project is a critical process that is highly scrutinized for accuracy and validity. Marketing researchers must take great care in analyzing data that will be interpreted and turned into information for the purpose of solving the research problem, or capitalizing on an opportunity that was under study.
Acting as a marketing research professional in this Assessment, you will demonstrate the following competencies in relation to the tasks you are required to execute:
- Obtain and process information
- Prepare researched solution for client situation
Developing an ability to obtain and process information for decision making as a marketing researcher will be a valuable addition to your business tool belt.
Directions for completing this Assessment
Using the Random Scenario Generator (RSG), select a scenario in which you will provide a business solution for a specific type of businesses within an industry and region. The RSG will prompt you to select 1 of the 3 options for each of the variables. Once you have selected from each variable category, the resulting scenario is to be the basis for your work on this Assessment. Each student’s scenario will be documented.
Use the following format for your Assessment paper:
(Only use the headings and not the instructions in parenthesis)
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
(To be completed after paper is completed and conclusions are made.)
- Overview of Situation
(RSG presented situation- provide the business problem statement that businesses would need to research.)
- Industry Research
(Evaluation of legitimate industry data related to the business problem from the RSG. Search in the PG Library or other sources for secondary information including research studies related to the RSG situation.)
- Credibility of Research
(Explain the credibility of research that will be applied towards the decision on possible solutions.)
- Potential Solutions
(Describe using inductive or deductive reasoning, a minimum of two alternative solution options for businesses within the RSG industry based on the evaluation of researched information.)
- Preferred solution for the industry businesses within the geographic region
- Conclusions and future research needed to support business decisions
Appendix A: Referenced Documents (In APA format)
Appendix B: Other Documents as needed
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any Resubmission, Repurposing, or Reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word document in a minimum of 1,500-words report (6-pages), in addition to the title and appendix pages. Exception: include your references in the appendix.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your paper must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in APA 6th edition format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the Internet for research.
- Be sure to use in-text citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. For additional help with writing and APA 6th edition formatting, please visit the Writing Center, accessed through the Academic Success Center within the Academic Tools area of the course. (Your paper should include a title page, be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12-point font, include correct citations, use Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and list correct references on the appendix page.)
If work submitted for this Competency Assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-6 / 1650
Number of sources-2
Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year)
Language style-US English