WRITING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
• This assignment must be completed individually.
• You must use the Harvard referencing system.
• Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must not exceed
the specified maximum number of words. When a written assignment is marked, the excessive use of words
beyond the word limit is reflected in the academic judgement of the piece of work which results in a lower mark
being awarded for the piece of work (regulation 6.74).
• Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your
• Write your student ID number at the top of every page.
• Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
• You must number all pages.
SUBMITTING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
In order to achieve full marks, you must submit your work before the deadline. Work that is submitted late – up
to five working days after the published submission deadline – will be accepted and marked. However, the
element of the module’s assessment to which the work contributes will be capped with a maximum mark of
Work cannot be submitted if the period of 5 working days after the deadline has passed (unless there is an
approved extension). Failure to submit within the relevant period will mean that you have failed the assessment.
Requests for short-term extensions will only be considered in the case of illness or other cause considered valid
by the iCentre Adviser. Please contact iCentre@lca.anglia.ac.uk. A request must normally be received and
agreed by the iCentre Adviser in writing at least 24 hours prior to the deadline. See rules 6.56-
Mitigation: The deadline for submission of mitigation in relation to this assignment is no later than five working
days after the submission date of this work. Please contact iCentre@lca.anglia.ac.uk
See rules 6.103 – 6.132: http://web.anglia.ac.uk/anet/academic/public/academic_regs.pdf
By referring to relevant legislation and case law, critically discuss the following duty
of a director of a company:
Duty to act within powers (section 171 Companies Act 2006).
• Capacity to demonstrate detailed knowledge and clear and accurate
understanding of the relevant area of legal study
• Capacity to critically discuss relevant case law
• Capacity to communicate effectively information and ideas
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 1000
Number of sources-3
Language style-US English