NATIONALISM, ETHNICITY, AND RACE
ANSWER THREE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN LONG ANSWER FORMAT
1. What does Anthony Smith mean by ‘the sacred dimension of nationalism’? Critically apply this idea to the analysis of nationalism in your case study context (Assessment 2). Does this application add value to your analysis? Explain your answer.
2. What is the difference between ‘religious nationalism’ and ‘religious pluralism’? Which of these two concepts would better serve the future prosperity of a POLI3015 case study context different to the one you chose in Assessment 2? Explain your answer.
3. What is ‘civil religion’? Identify four elements of civil religion in Bellah’s analysis of the United States. In your considered view, which of these elements, if any, could be transferred to a country where you are a citizen? Explain your answer.
4. What is the connection between secular nationalism and colonialism according to Juergensmeyer (2008), and how does religion feature as an alternative?
5. For Hibbard (2010) how are the primary alignments between religious and secular interests in a nation-state to be understood?
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 1000
Number of sources-4
Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year)
Language style-AU English