You are to investigate the types of funds currently available to shipping firms.
Your report should be supported by examples drawn from real shipping companies, and make reference to relevant theories, textbooks, journals and reputable internet sources, in accordance with good academic practices. The latest developments in the financial markets and/or relevant corporate regulations should also be taken into consideration.
You are expected to provide a minimum of one example per funding option identified. Make sure your examples provide current, relevant and complete information (e.g. amount raised, compensation offered, repayment period etc.) without straying off topic. Don’t forget to properly cite your sources. You are meant to study developments in the financial markets – not the shipping markets. Likewise, you are meant to look into regulation that might affect financial institutions or corporate taxation – not IMO regulation and conventions about vessels and their operation. In other words, developments should be addressed only if you can prove that they affect (with evidence and sources) shipping companies’ funding options.
Reading and Resources:
- Shipping derivatives and risk management – Book by Amir H. Alizadeh; Nikos K. Nomikos 2009
- The handbook of maritime economics and business – Book by Costas Grammenos; Costas Th Grammenos 2010
- Shipping finance – Book by Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers 2015
- The international handbook of shipping finance: theory and practice – Book edited by Manolis G. Kavussanos; Ilias D. Visvikis 2016
- Business finance: theory and practice – Book by E. J. McLaney 2017
- Ship building, sale, and finance – Book edited by BarisSoyer; A. M. Tettenborn 2016
- Shipping finance – Book by Stephenson Harwood; Euromoney Books 2006
- Maritime economics – Book by Martin Stopford 2009
- Corporate finance: principles and practice – Book by Denzil Watson; Antony Head 2019
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 2000
Number of sources-20
Language style-UK English