Topic: Investigation on how strategic alliances can contribute to the competitiveness of SMEs in the electrical and electronic engineering industry
Final Research Project Guidelines
My final research project will be investigating how strategic alliances can contribute to the competitiveness of SMEs in the electrical and electronic engineering industry.
I have attached my research proposal for you to use if needed. The research methodology for the project used will be an inductive one and the research philosophy will be positivism.
As for the research design, it will be based on secondary research including case study approach. As for the referencing, Harvard referencing system will be used. Please make sure to accurately reference any piece of information and including the range of pages used as this plays a critical role when grading.
Use numbered sections & sub-sections – font size 11 or 12 & fully justified margins. Use single line or 1.5 line spacing
Please makes sure follow the following points below carefully and in order
Word limit 7500 + 10% margin of safety = 8250
Abstract (200 to 300 words – not in the word count)
Introduction (600 to 1000 words)
• Background Information / Management Issue To Be Investigated
• Research Objectives
• Anticipated Benefits and Expected Outcomes
Literature Review (1000 to 1500 words)
• Key Themes
Methodology (600 to 1000 words)
• Approach to theory development (i.e. induction, deduction, abduction)
• Research design (i.e. mixed methods etc.)
• Secondary research (i.e. explanation about the data sources used etc.)
• Advantages and limitations of your selected methodology
Findings / Discussion (2400 to 2800 words)
• Secondary research
Findings – present the main results from your research process
Discussion – analyse and interpret the results.
Develop coherent themes and arguments to establish the business case for putting your project into effect
Conclusions (400 to 700 words)
• Present the conclusions as bullet points
• Within the Conclusions – explain how your project has fulfilled the requirements of the research objectives
Recommendations (300 to 500 words)
• Present the recommendations as bullet points
You may include recommendations for future research
(Not the in word count)
Appendices – should be individually & labelled – place PESTLE / Porter’s 5 forces / SWOT analysis in the appendices – comment upon the key results in the Findings section