The assignment is a 3000 word case-study. You should choose a scenario – could be something discussed in class or something you have read about. Please avoid any area of your personal clinical practice –
Please be sure to address the assignment brief – the essay should have:
1) First paragraph – An introduction – give an overview of the use of law and ethics in healthcare and support your work with references to the pertinent literature. Give a statement that that confidentiality has been maintained and reference NMC (2015). Remember to keep all names fictitious – don’t use any individual’s name or give the place
2) Next paragraph – Give the scenario – give an overview of the case (scenario) . Just keep to the facts of what happened. No need to mention drugs / medication.
3) The next paragraph – follow on your work from paragraph one and continue to debate/discuss law and ethics to progress your work. Make use of the weekly sessions and the ethical principles (discussed in class) to debate the scenario – debate the law. Even if your case does not relate to mental health directly, you should discuss mental health law and consent in children
4) Progress your work logically – use the learning outcomes to help you progress your work in a focussed manner – Take care – You are NOT the judge of the jury – your role is to keep objective and debate the case from a legal and ethical perspective. Keep to the facts
5) Give a summary – and conclude your work to the key points in your work – give recommendations for practice
6) Check your grammar and referencing system throughout – including your reference list