Purpose of case study
The purpose of the case study is to refine academic skills in relation to writing, critical thinking, analysing material and researching works in relations to racism and social justice.
“It is understood by all involved in the reconciliation process, including the Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition, that the views of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are critical to genuine reform and reconciliation.” Support for recognition and reconciliation, By Reconciliation Australia Posted August 11, 2017 In News, Reconciliation Australia
In 2017, the Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition agreed “…that the views of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are critical to genuine reform and reconciliation”. Evaluate this statement in light of the Federal Government’s failure to act on the Uluru Statement from the Heart?
Suggested headings/topics throughout essay:
– Timing of the government statement (2017)
– Timing of the government dismissal of the Uluru Statement (2018)
– Reported reasoning of the government for the dismissal of the Uluru Statement.
– Your research findings on supporting statements from Aboriginal politicians and Aboriginal Organisations to the dismissal of the Uluru Statement.
– Media coverage and how the conservative press reported the dismissal of the Uluru Statement.