Assignment 2 – Essay 3,000 words
Managing performance is crucial to achieving a sustainable competitive advantage in today’s dynamic business environment.
· Explain why this may be so, drawing on the literature and current SHRM practice to support your answer (50% of marks)
· Explain two potential drawbacks of performance management systems and how these can be minimised (50% of marks)
Your discussion should include reference to underpinning theory and current SHRM practice. Your essay should include reference to underpinning theory and relevant journal articles. You may provide current real-world examples that you will use to support your analysis.
Topics should include:
- Performance management cycles
- Performance related pay
- Targets and monitoring
- Performance appraisals
- Motivation theories eg. Maslow and Hertzberg, Expectancy theory (Vroom,1964), Adam’s Equity theory (1963)
- Extrinsic/intrinsic motivation factors
Could use references from CIPD website and Armstrong & Barron 2007, for example.
Type of service: Academic Paper Writing
Type Of Assignment: Essay
Number of Sources: 25
Academic level: Master’s
Paper format: Harvard
Line Spacing: Double
Language Style: UK English