The paper will include the following.
a. Clinical Question
a. Describe problem
b. Significance of problem in terms of outcomes or statistics
c. Your PICOT question in support of the group topic
d. Purpose of your paper
b. Levels of Evidence
a. Type of question asked
b. Best evidence found to answer question
c. Search Strategy
a. Search terms
b. Databases used (you may use Google Scholar in addition to the library databases; start with
c. Refinement decisions made
d. Identification of two most relevant articles
a. Correct grammar and spelling
b. Use of headings for each section
c. Use of APA format (sixth edition)
d. Page length: three to four pages
PREPARING THE PAPER
1. Please make sure you do not duplicate articles within your group.
2. The paper should include a title page and a reference page.
Clinical Question 45 28 1. Problem is described. What is the focus of your group’s work?
2. Significance of the problem is described. What health
outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics
document this is a problem? You may find support on
websites for government or professional organizations.
3. What is your PICOT question?
4. Purpose of your paper. What will your paper do or describe?
This is similar to a problem statement. “The purpose of this
paper is to . . .”
20 13 1. What type of question are you asking (therapy, prognosis,
2. What is the best type of evidence to be found to answer that
question (e.g., RCT, cohort study, qualitative study)?
Search Strategy 65 41 1. Search topic(s) provided. What did you use for search terms?
2. What database(s) did you use? Link your search with the
PICOT question described above.
3. As you did your search, what decisions did you make in
refinement to get your required articles down to a reasonable
number for review? Were any limits used? If so, what?
4. Identify the two most relevant and helpful articles that will
provide guidance for your next paper and the group’s work.
Why were these two selected?
Format 30 18 1. Correct grammar and spelling
2. Use of headings for each section: Clinical Question, Level of
Evidence, Search Strategy, Conclusion
3. APA format (sixth ed.)