LINK TO THE COURSE TEXT: https://content.ashford.edu/books/Bowles.0854.13.1
Can also be accessed once you log in to the webpage under ACCESS MATERIALS.
• Return to the textbook and review the pages in the chapter that pertain to your selected topic.
• Next, login to the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and conduct a search on that topic.
o The The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial will walk you through the basic steps of doing a search for scholarly articles within the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
• Select two scholarly articles to use in your paper. For each article, write down the author information, date of publication, title of the article, the publication information (journal title), and the database from which you retrieved the article. You will need this information when you create your references for the sources.
• Begin the writing process. You are going to compare the points of view offered by these authors (the author of your textbook and the authors of the two articles you have selected) on your selected topic, and then offer your own point of view based upon your analysis of the readings.
o The Writing Center offers assistance with the writing process. The Writing Center contains many tutorials and offers online guides for how to develop an academic paper. Click on the Writing Center link under “Writing Center & Library” tab in the left navigation in your online classroom to visit the Writing Center.
Criteria for Grading
You will be graded on how well your paper meets the following criteria:
• How clearly you demonstrate your knowledge of your chosen topic.
• Frequent and appropriate use of examples from the textbook and selected articles to support your points.
• Appropriate inclusion of relevant quotes from the discussion forum activities.
• At least one paragraph for each of your three sources (the textbook and two scholarly articles) that includes an accurate summary of the points made by the author(s).
• At least one paragraph for each of your three sources showing your thoughtful analysis of the point of view introduced by the authors.
• At least two paragraphs illustrating how the authors of those three sources agree or disagree with one another about the topic.
• At least two paragraphs that reflect your own point of view and provide a conclusion about your chosen topic.
The way your paper looks is also important to this assignment.
• Complete your assignment using Microsoft Word.
• Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper in bold font
Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
o Student’s name
o Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Due date
• Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
• Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
o For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
• Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
o To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
• Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
o Use proper citation style for all quotes.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
• Make sure to review your paper for grammar and use the Spell Check function in Microsoft Word before submitting your work.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Type of service: Academic paper Writing
Type of assignment: Research Paper
Subject: IT & Technology
Number of sources: 3
Academic level: Junior(college 3rd year)
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English