I need an essay written about Sheff v. O’Neill. This paper will be about segregation in the United States and how segregation has affected students in the U.S. Sheff v. O’Neill will be explained in detail and how it affected Hartford CT/USA.
You can talk about Jim Crow laws, Brown v. Board of Education and in more depth about Sheff v. O’Neill. After explaining Jim Crow Laws, Brown v. Board of Education and Sheff v. O’Neill I want you to talk about the counter lawsuit that is happening against Sheff v. O’Neill.
This paper has to draw a connection to Hartford, this is important.
My outline will be attached. feel free to add more sources, just remember to include the additional sources on the cited page.
Sheff v. O’Neill
• Segregation in the United States.
• The segregation problems Hartford faced and the outcome.
• Segregation in education.
• Brown v. Board of Education
• What is Brown v. Board of Education?
• How did it effect people of color?
• How did Hartford get effected?
• Jim Crow Laws.
• What is the Jim Crow Laws?
• Why are they important?
• How did they effect Hartford?
• Sheff v. O’Neil
• What is the lawsuit representing?
• The history behind the lawsuit.
• Why is it important for Hartford?
• The results of the lawsuit and the aftermath?
• The counter lawsuit that is against Sheff v. O’Neill
• Summarize the segregation that has happen in the U.S. in terms of education
• Conclude whether Sheff v. O’Neil has improved life’s? Why and why not?
• What is expected moving forward with this lawsuit?