Students will select a topic from Healthy People 2020 relevant to women’s health status of a pregnant or nonpregnant female client.
Research and review the topic, current approaches to meeting this objective, and suggest approaches that a Family Nurse Practitioner
1. Identify the chosen topic giving a brief overview including the relevance to women’s health
2. Select and summarize one objective from the chosen topic
a. Discuss the reason for selection of the objective
b. Discuss how the objective pertains to women’s health
c. Examine potential impact on the future of health care in the nation.
3. Identify evidence-based and cost-effective interventions related chosen objective.
a. Evaluate whether the interventions have or have not been successful.
b. Determine the stakeholders that may benefit from the interventions.
4. Propose clinical prevention education related to the selected objective to improve or maintain health
5. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
6. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
7. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
8. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify I, we,
you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
9. Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references in addition to Healthy People 2020 to
support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
10. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).