Normative leadership theories are based on moral principles or norms and focus on leader behavior. The four normative theories discussed in the readings include: a) transformational, b) servant, c) authentic, and d) responsible. By examining the four theories, you will find that they each have a strong ethical foundation.
- Create a multimedia poster using Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Glogster, or other software program of your choosing. Pictorially and through short phrases, critique the adoption of transactional, transformational, and pseudo-transformational leadership styles and the application of key tenets from each theory in the workplace.
Your poster should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic.
- Based on your poster project prepared for the first assignment due this week, draft a critical analysis addressing the following:
- Determine which of the four normative leadership theories you would most recommend based on usefulness. Explain your choice based on your experiences and/or on your observations of other leaders.
- Complete the Self-Assessment Servant Leadership Questionnaire found in this week’s books and resources. In addition, use the questionnaire to rate the servant leadership behaviors of a leader whom you know, or ask someone else to rate you. Explain what you learned from conducting this assessment and analyze the results.
- From your perspective, explain whether servant leadership is unrealistic and defend your answer with examples and research.
- Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-3 / 825
Academic level-Sophomore (College 2nd year)
Language style-US English